Review Categories

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Review Kickoff: Wonder

To continue my Review Kickoff, I will be reviewing the book that was written last year entitled "Wonder." This book by R.J. Palicio is phenomenal, literally, I didn't want to stop reading it. When my teacher told us to put up our books, I would be like D: WHY?!?!? Anyway, the book is about a kid name August (Auggie) Pullman. He was born with a facial disorder that cannot be reversed. It is about living with a disorder and overcoming the world (not literally.) It is his first year in middle school, well, actually, first year in school whatsoever. See, since so many people are scared of his face, his parents thought that it would be better if he was home schooled. One cool aspect of this book is that it switches perspectives. It goes to his friends, one sort of friend, and his sister. Lots of people change throughout the book in the plot. You really aren't safe liking some people like (SPOILER ALERT) Jack Will who seems like a jerk at one point but doesn't end up like it (SPOILER OVER.) To wrap this review up, it will make you cry, feel hopeful, and good inside.

I would recommend this book to any realistic fiction lovers, but overall it is AMAZING! I will give this book a grade of A- due to its, sometimes confusing, points in the book.

Stay tuned for my finale of this Review Kickoff tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment