Review Categories

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Review Kickoff: Catching Fire (Movie)

So, to start my Review Kickoff (look at previous blog for info) I will be reviewing the new movie: Catching Fire. I will try not to spoil any of the movie, and if I do, I will make sure to warn you. So here we go: Catching Fire is based on the book by Suzanne Collins and stars Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson. It is the sequel to Hunger Games (which has been out for more than a year, so spoilers ahead.) It stayed pretty true to the source material and did a good job on including a lot of stuff! It takes place almost immediately after its first movie. Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) is a Hunger Games victor who is traumatized by its events. So her and Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) go off on their Victor Tour to all 12 districts. Anyway, all the characters were portrayed very well with a good casting job. I feel as if the first 20 or 30 minutes aren't as interesting as the rest of the movie, but it is a 2 and a half hour movie, so... it doesn't really matter. Some of the events I feel are very rushed and the (SPOILER ALERT!) Quarter Quell is very interesting and hooks you (SPOILER OVER.) The movie surprises you multiple times and isn't extremely uplifting. Like the book, it leaves you with a cliffhanger and makes you want to see the next movie. I would highly recommend this to any Sci-Fi lovers. It is definitely a movie that you have to pay attention to.

So those are my thoughts, I never will keep you for too long. So my grade for this book is probably a B+ due to its rushed ending and lack of character development. But, if you have read the books, or just want to see a movie that will keep you on the edge of your seat, I highly recommend Catching Fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment